Things I have done of late, in no particular order:
1. Attended a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (in costume) at the Chelsea Clearview. I've been trying to write a post about it since, but I simply cannot find the words. So that's that. Maybe I'll post the half-written version. Or maybe I'll finish it. I don't know. It was wild.
2. Visited family in Boston. ($35 for a round-trip ticket on the Bolt Bus. There in four hours. Easiest thing ever.)
3. Bid adieu to my long-time roommate -- and great friend -- as she moved back South. (NYC is a transitional town - can't pin anyone down for long here. It's a lesson you learn early.)
4. Signed up to volunteer for Rock the Earth.
5. Walked out of the training session for Rock the Earth. It was warm outside that day, so I decided to go enjoy the environment.
6. Enjoyed warming weather.
7. Cursed cold April weather.
8. Turned 24.
9. Did my taxes.
10. Watched my alma mater win the NCAA men's basketball championship. I was a sophomore in college the last time they won. Retrospection ensued following win.
11. Spent time in Brooklyn (Williamsburg, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene). Thanks to Alibi, I'm getting really good at Big Buck Hunter (a marketable skill, really).
12. Visited with my oldest of friends.
13. Saw Jennifer Aniston filming her newest movie.
14. Celebrated Passover on the Upper West Side, (which allowed me my first trip to Zabar's...where else would a girl find prepared chopped chicken liver on Passover night?).
15. Dined at Cookshop. Delicious.
16. Rented Happy Go Lucky. Disliked it. Rented Rachel Getting Married. Loved it.
17. Signed up for the AIDS walk in May. And the MARCH FOR BABIES in April.
18. Bought a ticket to see Santigold at Terminal 5. Bought a ticket to see MGMT in Prospect Park.
19. Missed home, and missed the beach.
20. Forgot to blog.
So there you have it. More soon.
Yours,
EL
No comments:
Post a Comment