Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Extra! Extra! Mina opens on Cooper Square!

In my daily blogroll yesterday, I read about a 25% off sale on some of my favorite designers (Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney) at a new boutique by my office. Naturally, I had to pop by after work to check it out.

I walked into the boutique -- Mina -- and immediately was struck with the quality of the merchandise. The white-walled store has beautiful, large paintings for sale as well as a mix (I deduced) of second-hand and new merchandise. I fell in lust with a winter white silk Chloe tunic dress on the first rack (shopguy and I decided I had to have it and pair it with grey/silver booties), and I spent about 20 minutes drooling over (gently used) Prada pumps on the shoe wall. Ultimately, I didn't buy anything, despite the discount, but I chatted with the (so sweet) shopguy, took a business card and vowed to spread the word.

I know it's probably totally irresponsible to write about a store during this economy, but some of the pieces in this store are, like the paintings, works of art. And hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

mina ny
32A cooper square
ny ny 10003
212.253.5894
www.minanyc.com

Yours,
EL

No comments: