Monday, December 8, 2008


Funk
-noun
2. A dejected mood.

Every year, when the temperature first spends consecutive days below freezing and my skin is so pale that I'm basically see-through, I enter my winter funk. That said, I haven't had the energy or motivation lately to be quite snarky enough for good entries. Instead, I figured I'd list the things I've been up to lately, with a promise that I'll update further soon:

Home for Thanksgiving for 8 days
Read Confessions of a Shopaholic (don't judge) (it was fun)
Got a Blackberry (finally) (love it)
Saw Milk with SP (finally) (loved it)
Walked around in the cold to look at Xmas lights in midtown
Went to my gym's Xmas party at Le Royale
Hung out with HP
Made NYE reservations at Freeman's (excited)
Finished my Digital Ad class at NYU
Wrote Hanukkah list
Heard Annie Leibovitz speak about her new book, At Work
Dad and his wife were in town
Dined at 5 Ninth (delicious) (cozy)
Went to Teach For America Xmas party with LK
Dined at Park Avenue Winter (maybe one of my new favorites)
Got a cold
Entered funk
Organized room to try to get out of it (helped mildly)

More soon.

Yours,
EL

No comments: