March is mad for me for a number of reasons. For one, I've been doing some traveling -- I'll get to that soon. For another, it's my birthday month, so that's always pretty exciting (though this year less so than ever before -- 24 is dumb). And lastly, and probably most importantly, it's NCAA TOURNAMENT TIME, which pretty much takes over my life for a few weeks this time every year...(that is, until UNC loses, after which I honestly couldn't care less).That said, my friend Jen and I decided to link our alma maters (University of Michigan and University of North Carolina, respectively) with an "NCAA tournament" keyword, to see what the online buzz looks like (see above). She's quite pleased with the results that show Michigan buzz trending higher than that of UNC. I, on the other hand, am not entirely sure these peaks mean much when it comes to team talent. Rather, Michigan fans seem to be spending more time online than UNC fans. Or perhaps the buzz about Michigan is 100% negative, whereas buzz for UNC is 100% positive. Really, we'd have to dive deeper to tell. More to come.
For now, let's just assume the Tar Heels will top the Wolverines by a wide margin. After all, I'm not the only one who thinks that will be the case: the computers think so, too.
Yours, a Tar Heel born and bred,
EL
1 comment:
GO BLUE...WEAR MAIZE
Post a Comment