Last Wednesday, I stumbled out of a work happy hour with a friend of mine who was heading over to check out her friend's new store/restaurant. The space (in the old Double Crown location on Bond Street, near my all-time favorite sushi establishment), is called THE SMILE, and it features not only Mediterranean-influenced food by Melia Marden (of Looking Glass Catering), but also various items to purchase, a coffee bar and a tattoo parlor. I was lucky enough to check out the space prior to the official opening date (they had just finished a sort-of soft launch dinner party when we stopped by), and it looked great. The interior, designed by Luke Scarola (of Williamsburg's Luddite), feels warm and welcoming -- I just can't wait to see what the place is like once Scott Campbell's downstairs parlor opens!
Good luck to owners Matt Kliegman and Carlos Quirarte.
Yours, with a smile,
EL
p.s. Highlight of the night might have been that Gail Simmons (Top Chef judge) was just leaving as we were getting there. Gosh, I love Bravo Reality show B-list celebrities.
p.p.s.
The Smile is located at 26 Bond Street, between Bowery and Lafayette.
No comments:
Post a Comment