Friday, November 21, 2008

Entree to 27th street


Wednesday night: Zahra Saeed fashion show at Cain

Thoughts: Jamie Mulholland's newly renovated Cain Luxe is a great space -- small enough that it's not ov
erwhelming, and really who can argue with African safari decor? Honestly, Cain probably isn't the kind of place I would go on a regular night (i.e. a weekend...ever), but it was a lot of fun for a Wednesday night (and the open bar didn't hurt). I realized how much I miss dancing -- really, it's a necessity some nights -- and luckily for me, Cain is a hop, skip and a boogie from my apartment.

As for the fashion? Unfortunately, Jen and I agreed that we didn't see one thing in the fashion show that appealed -- some sad, white suits and a couple of dresses with ill-placed ruffles didn't do much to wow. Even the models (were they really models?) were awkward. Eek.

Oh well, at least the DJ was good. Great, actually. And cute! So all in all, fun space + free champagne + good music played by cute DJ = win.

Yours,
EL

p.s. Thanks for the invite, JK!
p.p.s. To add to the list of survival tips for going out on weeknights: Just say NO to champagne. I felt less than awesome yesterday.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

No to champagne? What are you, crazy? Champagne is the best thing about any occasion: It's the reason I celebrate birthdays and New Years, and it is the reason I will get married.

"I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it – unless I'm thirsty." – Madam Lilly Bollinger