
Last night, H, a friend of mine from college (...we went to the same school, but we weren't friends until we both got to the city), her roommate (also a former Tar Heel) and I went to get drinks after work. They live in the East Village, so to strike a balance, we figured we could meet somewhere that's convenient for both of us...which is how we ended up wandering around Union Square at rush hour.
After deciding against all the bars along Irving Place (mostly because I didn't want to run into an old flame(ish) who lives over there), we headed to Union Bar. One year ago this weekend, I went to Union Bar with H to celebrate her then-boyfriend's 30th birthday. I remember getting lost on the way and being totally confused that Park Ave ended at Union Square. Oh, how times have changed.
Anyway, so the verdict on Union Bar? Don't go. Although we had a good time catching up, lounging in the leather cushions and downing trail mix (it was dinner!!!), I'd recommend elsewhere for happy hours in the future. Somewhere with less pumping top 40 music and fewer over-40 business guys escaping from the W hotel across the street. This might be an obvious conclusion, but I thought I'd put it out there, just in case you weren't sure.
Yours,
EL
p.s. Happy weekend
p.p.s. My mom's youngest sister is in town this weekend, and I am pumpedd to take her to Tartine, my favorite little West Village spot, for dinner tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment